Jay is a nationally requested conference speaker. Each year Jay captivates thousands of men, women, and young people with his transparent yet highly informative down-home style. Using humor and object lessons from his years spent in the high country in pursuit of majestic elk or elusive mule deer, or flying F-4 Phantom jet fighters around the globe, Jay has a unique ability to draw the audience into his story. Jay travels extensively across America teaching seminars on elk hunting, speaking at numerous events and fundraising banquets. In recent years Jay has served as a guest speaker at the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation’s Annual Elk Camp.
Hunter/Mentor: A big game hunter for over 40 years, Jay is equally skilled hunting the high country with a bow or rifle. While he still loves to chase bull elk whenever the opportunity presents itself, Jay now spends much of his time sharing the knowledge and skills that he has acquired over the years with other hunters via his writing and speaking engagements. While Jay’s great room features a number of nice bulls, like so many other elk hunters, Jay continues his pursuit for that elusive monster bull of a lifetime.
Hunting Consultant: Hunt Connections founded in 1998, assists outfitters, landowners, and big game hunters from around the globe. Each year Jay connects hundreds of hunters with those professionals that will provide them with the dream hunt of a lifetime. Known for professional integrity and the ability to deliver world-class hunting, the Hunt Connections is one of the most recognized names in the big game hunting industry.
Author: Jay is the author of five highly successful books on elk hunting. His books are top-sellers and have helped thousands of hunters in their pursuit of elk high in the Rockies. Jay also offers hunters a valuable resource and free tips on elk hunting via his website, www.elkcamp.com.
Military: Jay served in the United States Air Force and Air National Guard as a Weapons Systems Officer flying F-4 Phantom jet fighters.
Education: Jay holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Management from Colorado Christian University.
Faith: Jay is a lifelong evangelical Christian. He is a teacher and public speaker on marriage, life and relationships. Top two speaking topics for faith-based events:
- You Are Not Alone (most requested)
- It’s Not Your Battle To Fight
- President/CEO: Jackson Creek Media Group, Inc.
- Founder: Hunt Connections- Big Game Hunt brokers since 1996
- Founder: ElkCamp.com – America’s #1 Online Resource for Elk Hunters
- Founder: Outdoor Speakers Agency
- Published Works:
- Elk Hunting 101, A Pocketbook Guide to Elk Hunting
- Elk Hunting 201, Big Bulls…Essentials for a Successful Hunt
- Elk Hunting 301, Making It Happen In Elk Country
- Ultimate Elk Hunting, Strategies, Techniques, & Methods
- Answers For Elk Hunters
- A Hunters Field Notes, Inspiring Stories of Meeting God in the Rugged Outdoors
- Producer and Host of The Elk Hunter Series (DVD), 2006
- National Lecturer & Conference Speaker on Elk and Elk Hunting